South Carolina moves into the top spot of the Bassford College Baseball Top 25 Rankings after Florida dropped a three-game series on the road against Kentucky.
|13||UC Santa Barbara||25||1748.38||18||4||52.3%||51.9%||40||16||49||7||8.26|
|14||College of Charleston||N/A||1715.62||17||7||63.1%||61.2%||36||20||41||15||8.25|
|25||Southeast Missouri State||N/A||1752.73||17||8||47.8%||39.0%||43||13||47||8||8.02|
Next 10: LSU, Arizona, Missouri State, Cal State Northridge, Bryant, Lamar, Creighton, UNC Greensboro, Coastal Carolina, Texas Tech.
- South Carolina has exploded out of the gate this year both in non-conference and SEC play. The team’s only losses have come against in-state rival #11 Clemson. This past weekend, the team humbled #10 Ole Miss sweeping the weekend series in Oxford while outscoring their opponent 18-6. The team will next face Vanderbilt on the road for a three game set. Prior to their upcoming conference set, however, the Commodores will take on #14 Charleston at home.
- Florida, prior to this past weekend, had only lost one game all year long—a lone loss in a series victory on the road at #6 Miami. After visiting #22 Kentucky last weekend, the Gators took two games on the chin and dropped their first weekend series of the season. After beating the Wildcats 12-5 on Friday night, Florida was unable to win again dropping the final two games 7-4 and 5-4.
- Texas A&M now has two SEC series wins after taking two of three at home against LSU this past weekend. Although A&M sports one of the lowest strength of schedule and strength of victory averages to date, the Aggies have still been able to handle their slate of competition. It may get very interesting this coming weekend, though, as the #2 Gators will welcome the Aggies to town for a three-game set.
- Louisville, with five losses on the season, may not have the most scintillating record among top five teams. However, their strength of schedule number easily outpaces A&M and given their upcoming schedule against Atlantic Coast Conference competition, they seem well suited for a title-run. The Cardinals losses this year have come against #10 Ole Miss (2), #6 Miami (2) and this past weekend against Virginia. The Cardinals will be able to regroup with a relatively easy matchup with Virginia Tech at home this coming weekend. That rest will be direly needed as the Cardinals will face #7 Florida State the following weekend in a matchup that will surely test the mettle of the Louisville squad.
- North Carolina dropped their first season series this past weekend at home against #19 Georgia Tech. Prior to that, the team’s only losses were at home against Pittsburgh and on the road against UCLA. The Tar Heels won’t have any time to heal their wounds, however, as the team will face #6 Miami in Coral Gables this coming weekend.
St. Bonaventure, LSU, Missouri State, Oregon State, Morehead State, Boston College, Tennessee, Arkansas, NC State, UC Santa Barbara
New to Poll
Miami, FL, Charleston, SELU, S. Alabama, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Michigan, Rice, SE Missouri State
|13||UC Santa Barbara||18||11||24||19|
|25||SE Missouri State||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|